Angott Search Group has partnered with a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance exhaust, intakes, drivetrain, and engine tuning products & accessories in their search for a calibration engineer for their facility in central Florida.
The Calibrator position performs responsibilities in development of vehicle calibrations to include evaluating OEM stock calibrations, defining tuning tables, developing files/templates in tuning software, and supporting all platform tune files.
- Develops calibration files for main OEMs to use in the Company automotive performance tuning devices.
- Supports existing product tuning by evaluating issues/errors and fixing to meet customer’s expectations.
- Analyzes and clarifies new calibration file definitions for baseline on developing new calibration files.
- Uses software and database systems to support products and calibrations.
- Performing dyno tests on calibration developed and providing detail dyno plots.
- Provides input for product and software design team efforts, assisting efforts of other engineering team personnel.
- Experience in programming vehicles using industry tools and devices.
- Experience in powertrain knowledge (General Motors vehicle experience preferred).
- Experience in Hex editing tools. Hexedit, Hex Workshop, or similar.
- H/W Experience: Installing and removing PCMs and TCMs from vehicles.
- Experience in Loading/Unloading vehicles from dyno and performing dyno runs.
- Self-starter with initiative.
- At least 3-5 years of aftermarket tuning experience.
- Prior experience managing tune data bases.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities using effective organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience with SQL, SQL Lite, XML and other data base formats.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com