The Credit Analyst is responsible for completing commercial credit analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the bank’s core values: Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Innovation and Leadership.
- Support credit function while maintaining, expanding and building internal and external relationships, resulting in a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to current and prospective borrowers.
- Complete accurate and timely underwriting documents to submit to loan committees and individuals for approval demonstrating independent judgment, appropriate recommendations, and risk ratings.
- Actively partner with internal and external BDO’s.
- Evaluate collateral values of properties securing loans, including reviewing for appraisals for accuracy, completing internal valuations when appropriate, and review of environmental reports.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of NCUA regulations directly impacting commercial loan underwriting.
- Create and maintain credit files and accordance with format and retention guidelines.
- Partner with Documentation and Portfolio Management departments to properly transition loans.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to Financial Analysts and Interns.
- Actively participate with and support credit unions and BDO’s in the negotiation of loan terms and structure requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal credit training program and one to three years of commercial credit analysis experience preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org