Our client is seeking a Controller to join their team. This person will be a senior team member and responsible for providing leadership, direction, financial information, audit and administrative policies and procedures to ensure the overall integrity of the CUSO’s accounting, finance and financial reporting activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Demonstrate enthusiasm for bank’s core values: Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Innovation and Leadership. Embrace company service quality and responsiveness culture.
Direct and oversee all aspects of the company’s finance, accounting, audit and related compliance activities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting, lending and information security.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and monitor and report on progress against budget.
- Prepare and publish monthly internal financial statements and assist external auditors in various audits and due diligence activities.
- Assist loan operations personnel with the production of timely and accurate monthly portfolio reporting and various regulatory reporting formats provided to the credit unions.
- Supervise daily banking transactions, deposits, disbursements, receivable collections, etc.
- Oversee purchasing, payable and payroll approval activities.
- Manage audit and examination interactions by ensuring appropriate preparedness and pre and post exam documentation, and fostering learning opportunities from audit and examination interactions for technical skill development, recognition and reward of respective team members
- Provide accounting rule (i.e. FAS and GAAP) interpretations on loan issues and other financial analysis expertise for team members and credit unions
Contribute to the development and pursuit of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and proposed and implemented regulatory action.
- Assist all bank functions in areas of financial planning, revenue generation and expense prudence and provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business activities and opportunities.
- Evaluate internal data and analytics to formulate recommendations of staffing and process improvement opportunities.
Engage in visible demonstration of senior leadership team member qualities
- Demonstrate decisive leadership within line of business to fulfill all job responsibilities and achieve all critical measurements and in all aspects of staff attraction, retention and development. Create a distinguished performance measurement model to ensure all staff maintains awareness of personal and professional standing within the bank, opportunities to contribute to team goals and achieve personal advancement, recognition and reward. Address staff development requirements with clear and documented communications, improvement plans, and celebrate successes with appropriate reward and recognition.
- Proactively engage in industry events and maintain awareness of industry news and happenings through monitoring trade publications, regulatory websites and communications, etc.
- Engage in business community or social community efforts to reinforce image of the bank or credit unions. The company will support activities with reasonable time and money.
- Represent the bank’s leadership team at internal and external events, specifically seeking out dialogue and interactions with attendees in order to expand the bank’s senior leadership touch points.
- Create known personal brand within industry through discussions with examiners, peer organizations, trade organizations, service companies, vendors, credit unions and through participation in media and public relations opportunities. Develop peer and resource relationships to allow expanded personal and company capabilities.
- Proactively contribute within the bank beyond respective line of business responsibility through demonstration of leadership and personal action.
- Engage directly and as senior manager in more complex areas of responsibility to both develop less senior staff capability and to promote the bank’s depth and attentiveness.
Success in this position is primarily measured as the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting, the financial performance of the company, maintaining and monitoring regulatory compliance as well as the visible demonstration of senior leadership team qualities.
Servicing and administration staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university required; a CPA designation is preferred. Minimum ten years of financial institution audit experience or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before members or employees of the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com