The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) is responsible for the oversight and execution of the Bank’s Human Resources (HR) function, including developing and executing effective strategies to attract, develop, reward and retain outstanding employees. The CHRO collaborates with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Board of Directors and senior leadership to build, reinforce, and safeguard the organizational culture to exceed our customers’ and employees’ expectations. The CHRO will provide a vision and value proposition for Human Resources as well as advice, counsel and guidance in creating an enduring, highly-productive, ethical, engaged, customer-focused and results-oriented organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and implements effective human resources plans and strategies to attract, develop, reward and retain outstanding employees to achieve the Bank’s vision and strategic plan.
- Drives the development of strategic total compensation offerings, programs and practices, ensuring market competitiveness by considering relevant trends and returns on investment. Develops recommendations and advocates support for improvements and changes, as appropriate.
- Works with the CEO in setting the overall Executive and Director’s compensation plan philosophy, design elements, practices and creation of employment, compensation, change in control and other agreements, for periodic review and approval.
- Responsible for staying current with compensation related SEC reporting, governance and regulatory requirements and changes. Prepares the Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A) disclosure for executive compensation.
- Responsible for the administration of non-qualified benefit plans (SERPs, Deferred Compensation, etc.) and Executive Compensation issues related to IRC 162m, 409A
- Manages and builds support for the organization’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop succession and workforce planning at all levels. Facilitates employee development to acquire the necessary skills to advance; with focus on developing talent bench strength and providing ongoing coaching, development experiences and mentoring of leadership and talent.
- Leads commitment to the Bank’s reputation as a Top Place to Work through regular listening and response through employee feedback surveys, action-planning and follow-though for improvement.
- Functions as a tactical business advisor to the CEO, senior management and the Compensation Committee as it pertains to overall human resources, compensation, compliance, talent management, succession planning and mergers and acquisitions.
- Advocates long-term success through growth, a positive company reputation and favorable financial performance by encouraging ongoing learning, aligning goals with the business strategies and honoring team behaviors that are consistent with the core values.
- Manages the KSOP (401k and ESOP) and oversees the administration and fiduciary requirements, while maximizing the value of the benefit to all employees through education and communication.
- Oversees the budget process and cost efficiencies for HR, including general ledger items: salaries, benefits, variable and sales incentives, technology and vendor costs and monitors monthly variances and reporting, including turnover management. Partners with the executive team to finalize incentive plan offerings and monitors progress against plan goals.
- Leads initiatives with a mind-set of caring, consideration, continuous improvement, relationship building, and accountability for results, engagement and success.
- Oversees the preparation and reporting requirements for: governmental agencies, external and internal auditors, fiduciary and insurance service providers and internal departments, as needed.
- Integrates all HRIS functions for efficient data management and reporting, assuring we are meeting the reporting needs of the Bank.
- Acts as a liaison to the Bank’s employment legal counsel on various matters.
- Manages, updates and implements Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity programs. Oversees the completion and filing of regulatory compliance reports on federal, state and local levels.
- Actively promotes the Bank’s brand, internally and externally, and serves as a business leader and partner through participation in community-based and professional organizations.
REQUIREMENTS (knowledge, skills, abilities, and education and/or experience):
- Advanced understanding of HR and banking including: industry regulations, labor trends, strategy development, planning and policy design, interpretation and application.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Knowledge and experience with change management in a growing, publically traded company.
- Has thorough knowledge and proven experience with HR systems, design, analysis, software, and reporting.
- Has significant experience leading mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence and post-acquisition integration.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent. Master’s degree in Business preferred.
- Minimum of ten years progressively responsible experience with a strong understanding and demonstrated application of Human Resources including the ethical, legal, compliance considerations in a publically traded company; additional experience managing a team required.
- Experience working with a $2 billion to $10 billion financial services organization.
- Professional or Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR) or similar designation required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com