Autonomous Driving System Division of leading Global Automotive manufacturer is developing a research team in the US whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention.
The primary responsibility for this job is to lead a team of engineers in the simulation engineering development for an autonomous driving ecosystem. Developing simulations, systems and processes for the evaluation and identification of measured system robustness across an array of software and hardware processes.
- Develop a team and lead in the simulation development process that supports the broad ADS engineering community in the development of an autonomous vehicle.
- Lead simulation team resources in the development of a robust ADS system providing methods and processes to enable testing in simulation from the entire system down to the smallest software/hardware unit in combination with systems and functional safety.
- Develop simulations Design of Experiments capable of interrogating system, subsystem and units from the perspective of their respective noise factors and provide identification of pass and fail results for the ADS engineering team.
- Maintain and develop traceability and linkage between each of the systems and functional safety teams along with each subsystem ADS team in order to deliver a robust ADS and identify clear deficiencies and route cause.
- Develop practices and process that ensure traceability, enable measurement and provide progress status for the entire ADS ecosystem.
- Work closely with ADS team and ADS leadership to develop and support an ADS ecosystem.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- MS (or equivalent) in engineering or computer science with 7+ years of relevant software experience in industry.
- At least 5 years of leadership / management experience in a technical management position.
- Proven experience in Automotive or similar simulation systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- C++ programming expertise
- Experience with Desktop UI Toolkits (Qt)
- Experience with Computer graphics (e.g. OpenGL/DirectX, ..)
- Experience with Game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity …)
DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Augmented/Virtual/Mixed reality simulation
- Computer vision or robotics toolkit (e.g. ROS, OpenCV, PCL,…)
- Vehicle dynamics simulation (e.g. CarSim,…)
- Experience working with Real-time simulation development
- Familiar with systems engineering tools and methods of performing Noise Factor or Experimental Design of Experiments.
- Experience documenting and presenting results and identifying root causes.
- Experience developing simulation systems leveraging data, data with induced noise and simulated inputs
- Experience working and leading teams in systems development, strong leadership skills with a history of mentoring engineers
- Extensive programming experience with C, Python, Java.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org