Our commercial loan closers are internally known as Customer Relationship Specialists (CRS). We have an opening on our Central Territory team for a Special Assets-focused CRS.
Under minimal supervision, but in line with established policies and procedures, primary responsibilities will be to manage and own the customer loan package from application through funding; manage the coordination and delivery of a complete loan documentation package reflecting the borrower’s needs and credit approval to create a smooth closing process for the customer, and manage the execution of cross sell products while delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. As part of the Customer Team, serve as a customer direct contact, advocate, and liaison from loan application to funding, throughout the loan servicing process (renewals, amendments), and to assist in and recommend cross sell opportunities (treasury management, crop insurance and global financial markets).
In order to perform these duties this position requires a working knowledge of general loan documentation and legal entity structures, a strong level of understanding of collateral perfection, priority and ownership along with excellent time management skills. The ideal incumbent demonstrates proficiency at the level of a subject matter expert in at least a few aspects of the commercial lending process. The position requires good communication and problem solving techniques for the accurate and timely completion of assigned duties. They will authorize disbursement of funds in line with the granted authority consistent with signature policy.
Also responsible for abiding by commercial policies and relevant regulations, in order to optimally support the lending process and enable Relationship Managers and Financial Analysts to focus on their respective core functions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Creates the loan package and manages the process and completion of loan package of excellent and consistent quality. Requests, reviews and enters all non-financial customer information such as driver’s licenses and entity documents; orders and reviews good standings, title commitments/opinions, flood determinations, UCC searches; and orders appraisals.
- Reviews loan approvals for approval conditions and prepares loan documents; reviews the appraisal approval and drafts any other necessary collateral documents to insure required level of perfection.
- Communicates directly with title companies/closing media, borrower, internal and external legal staff.
- Analyzes chattel and real estate collateral lien position during the loan application period, and report potential issues that may impact company’s lien priority.
- Identifies commercial opportunities and/or process improvements, discuss how to serve clients optimally and coordinate with the Customer Team in commercial activities with the client.
- Organizes, manages and monitors the process from point of loan application to funding, via work in progress reports and management of estimated disbursement dates. Communicates changes to the estimated disbursement date to the Client, to insure the Client is engaged and understanding why the closing date has moved either forward or backward.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists in the training/coaching of other Customer Relationship Specialists as directed by the Closing Manager.
- Assist Closing Manger in meeting the business goals through delivering key drivers assigned to this function.
- Participates in internal or external strategic projects at the request of the Closing Manager.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all of the bank’s anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate company’s cultural practices.
- Associate’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 0-2 years agricultural lending and/or banking environment or comparable experience. Commercial loan processing and documentation, and/or legal experience helpful.
- Experienced in loan documentation, including the perfection of liens, primarily on crops, livestock, inventory, machinery, real property, and real estate in your assigned territory
- Knowledge of diversified production agriculture and livestock enterprises
- Experienced in understanding complex loan and organizational structures
- Experienced in complex problem-solving
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, or government regulations
- Good human relations and communication skills
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the bank
- Ability to work as a team member across business lines
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Needs to be able to work well under time constraints
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org