Angott Search Group has partnered with a Japanese company in their search for a highly motivated individual to be a Technical Sales Manager. The individual will represent the company as the key interface for its Global Manufacturing and Engineering Centers to its Japanese customers. They will report to the Vice President – Asia Pacific Region and be responsible for;
- Enhancing the profitability and proficiency of the company by maintaining a conscientious exchange of commercial and engineering information between and within the company and its customers.
- Fostering healthy working relationships with the company’s customers via reliable local presence.
- Initiate and lead commercial discussions, quote proposals, participate in technical reviews, and provide communications between the company and their Japanese OEM customers, Honda and Toyota.
- Identify and proactively support discussions to determine strategic direction and pursue new business opportunities with customers, market segments, and products that satisfy the needs of the company.
- Lead the quoting efforts for new business and commercial negotiations with customers and provide (from automotive manufacturers) necessary information required to develop quote responses.
- A significant amount of time will be spent attending customer meetings and acting as a customer liaison directly interfacing with OEM customers and representing the manufacturing division.
- Participate in open issues meetings with the company’s manufacturing facilities globally, internal Engineering, and Automotive Manufacturers.
- Lead the development of Technical Review presentations to customers for new business opportunities, ongoing business and high level management reviews.
- Engineering Bachelors of Science (BS) degree is required.
- Minimum 10 years of automotive experience required; either in technical sales at Tier-1 supplier and/or Japanese OEM direct work experience.
- Excellent customer relationship skills, written and verbal communication skills (both Japanese and English required).
- Knowledge of customer products and business practices.
- Previous experience within automotive body structures, chassis and suspension engineering and sales; including safety related structures is preferred.
- Valid documentation for international travel is required – travel required for customer visits to our technical center for engineering reviews, manufacturing site visits, and launch support activities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com