Leading automotive supplier of fastening systems is looking for a Tooling Manager at their facility in Oakland County, MI. This position will have responsibility for all phases of plastic tool engineering by participating in a multi-disciplinary project team to achieve the customer’s needs in product and timing. Must have the ability to perform all tool-engineering functions internally and with tool suppliers. Works to continually improve communication and procedures to eliminate errors and streamline the tool engineering and mold build activity.
- Analyze supplier tooling estimates and coordinate the purchase of plastic injection molds and related tools / gages.
- Effectively lead a tooling engineering group to meet tool requirements for safety, quality, functionality, and manufacturability as well as the program requirements for cost and schedule.
- Manage or provide input including cost estimates for technical proposals.
- Oversee capital project budgets and schedule assigned to Tooling Engineering.
- Set role and performance expectations, and provide ongoing feedback and performance appraisals.
- Coordinate the tool build schedule for prototype and / or production tooling to meet customer’s requirements and report to the APQP team.
- Track progress of prototype and production tooling with tooling sources and report to the APQP team.
- Follow and track all mold sample tryouts for production or prototype tools.
- Assist in the quoting process for new prototype and production tooling.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or manufacturing related field and a minimum of ten (10) years tooling related experience in the plastic injection molding field; OR a minimum of fifteen (15) years direct related tooling/mold building experience in the plastic injection molding field and including a minimum of five (5) years supervision/ management role experience in tooling/manufacturing.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to travel locally and abroad as needed.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Good understanding and use of 3-D – Solid Works preferably.
- Must be proficient using 2-D data for tooling launches and part layouts.
- Complete knowledge of working with dimensional reports for tooling adjustments / CPK.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must have good communication and technical presentation skills.
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations.
- Injection molding processing skills / knowledge.
- Injection mold tool design skills / knowledge.
- Insert injection mold skills / knowledge a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Give us a chance. Connect with us to see how we can build a partnership today.