Autonomous Driving System Division of leading Global Automotive manufacturer is developing a research team in the US whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention.
The primary responsibility for this job is to work on the development build up, testing and continuous improvement of a SAE Level 4 vehicle development platform.
- Plan, design, schedule, and execute test and validation plans for all levels of Autonomous Driving System testing.
- Conduct data analyses, document and publish test report to support test plans, present findings and feedback to project team.
- Ensure issues are identified, logged, tracked and resolved during each testing phase.
- Ensure system robustness by using lean engineering and lightweight, repeatable processes.
- Integrate, test, improve, and specify hardware and software to support the Autonomous Driving System engineering community.
- Support prototype autonomous vehicle builds at both internal workshop as well as external suppliers.
- Work with ADS team to develop/utilize requirement, Use Cases, Boundary Diagrams, Interface analysis, P-Diagrams, Noise Factor Management Strategies, FMEA, FMEM, DVP&R, etc.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant fields.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience in development of mechanical mounting, hardware electronics (design, build and testing).
- Experience integrating electronic systems such as PC’s, ECU’s, Networks, power distribution, ground truth systems etc.
- Familiarity with environmental, mechanical, and electrical verification testing methodologies in an automotive environment.
- Ability to replicate problems to determine its type/nature and communicate this to engineers to help resolve issue.
- Experience with specification and integration of data acquisition methodologies using various test instrumentation.
- Familiarity GPS, Differential GPS, GNSS and ground truth system.
- Experience with 2D&3D design software, e.g. Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Programming experience, e.g. Matlab, C++.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant fields.
- Previously experience with ADAS and autonomous vehicle testing.
- Experience with various networking including CAN, ethernet, UDP, etc.
- Experience with systems engineering and robust engineering including boundary diagram, P-diagram and FMEAs.
- Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org