We are building the leadership team at this newly formed technical center of a leading global automotive manufacturer, and are seeking leaders who are passionate about the automotive industry with experience in building and leading highly successful teams that deliver outstanding results. We are looking for dedicated, innovative, and experienced team members to join our newly formed technical center located in Farmington Hills, MI. We have a growing group of engineers that enjoy the multi-cultural, start- up feel to our office environment with potential growth opportunities that emerge from a new, rapidly growing organization. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to be a part of something big!
The primary responsibility for this job is to Plan, Direct and Coordinate Vehicle Certification activities of the company to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
The Powertrain Certification and Compliance Sr. Engineer position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Keep current on upcoming FMVSS and state regulations which may affect products or timing.
- Confirm regulatory understanding by HQ engineer and train as required.
- Develop a certification/compliance strategy for FMVSS related requirements, including safety, which includes third party sourcing and testing location.
- Interface with US government agencies such as NHTSA as required.
- Confirm successful completion and documentation of all testing.
- Propose technical solutions as needed and insure countermeasures are developed.
- Represent the company in various industry events.
- Provide regular updates and guidance to HQ engineers and executives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent exemplary experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of FMVSS and state regulations with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated analytic and problem solving skills including deep root cause analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and interpersonal skills with great attention to detail.
- Displays high integrity and business acumen.
English fluency, verbal and written, Mandarin optional.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org