The Vice President of Retail Banking maximizes profitability of the retail bank branches; expands and develops new personal and small business banking relationships. This individual will also oversee the delivery of consistent high-quality customer service, development of the Bank’s customer base, and growth of the branch portfolio in a cost effective manner. This person is also responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of the retail branches including operations, sales, customer services and security in accordance with Bank objectives, policies, and procedures. This job class requires knowledge of retail banking operations, the ability to manage a full service retail branch network and assigned staff, and meet or exceed established sales goals as they relate to the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Provide valuable insight to the strategic plan for retail banking and the desired vision, leadership and execution of said plan.
- Oversees branch and department: sales, operations and service processes and procedures to
- maximize customer service; staff productivity and operational efficiencies.
- Manage the investment center relationship.
- Lead research efforts for future products and services in the retail environment.
- Analyze statistical data to anticipate customer behavior and make recommendations to the COO
- based on the analysis.
- Manage the retail banking function as it relates to the Bank’s core processor including detailed
- report analysis.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely reports to Executive Management and the Board of Directors.
- Develop market strategies for each branch.
- Conduct sales and strategic meetings fostering a team and open communications environment.
- Lead efforts to build community-based activities in each market.
- Represent First Federal Savings of Lorain (the Bank) at community and industry events.
- Provide direction and budgetary expectations regarding the retail banking division.
- Establish retail goals and metrics to promote company growth under the guidance of the Bank’s
- budget and strategic plan.
- Act as the primary contact to the retail branches, including security related incidents as well as
- receiving and resolving routine and/or difficult customer issues and inquiries. Acts as primary
- customer contact (retail).
- Administer the Medallion STAMP program (become STAMP certified within 90 days of hire).
- Coach and mentor direct reports. Support and evaluate the development of staff through ongoing
- analysis of employee needs assessment.
- Coordinate and help maintain overall staffing needs; recommend changes when deemed necessary.
- Consider and disposition exception requests to company policies/procedures within the retail
- Conduct vendor risk assessments.
- Review and enhance company policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws, company policies and procedures, and federal regulations.
- Ethical Practice.
- Leadership – Drive superior performance; change management, provide vision and strategy updates.
- Communication – Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, legal counsel, law
- enforcement, regulators and examiners while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Business Acumen – Banking specific knowledge and skills; strategic thinking skills.
- Critical Evaluation – Ability to listen, asses and analyze a situation; decision making and analytical
- abilities; attention to detail and accuracy.
- Relationship Management – Customers and employees.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day (up to 50 miles).
- Overnight travel can be expected for seminars and training.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; concentration in business administration, finance or economics preferred.
- 7 years banking experience.
- 5 years branch retail administration/supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of retail banking regulations and VISA guidelines.
- Prior participation in community/civic organizations preferred.
- Business development experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, Power Point).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org