Focused in the banking/commercial real estate finance industries even prior to joining forces with the ASG team in 2015, John has been a valuable partner to management teams and the boards of financial institutions for all levels of key search engagements. This is across all lines of business including commercial banking (CRE, C&I, Ag Lending, and SBA Lending), Private Banking, Trust, Wealth Management, and a variety of functional and management level positions.
Employing creativity, leadership, and enthusiasm with each client has made John one of the industry’s most highly trusted and sought after partners to assist in building long-term and successful teams.
“Transparency, consistency, and doing the right thing ” are the mottos John has used to direct his business practices, and personal life, whether partnering to build great banking teams, raising a family, or playing guitar for his recordings and live shows.
- START DATE: October 2015
- EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Completed 3.5 years toward Bachelor’s in Business Administration from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan
- COMMUNITY/INDUSTRY INVOLVEMENT: Tennessee Bankers Association; Real Estate Investors of Nashville (REIN); Association for Corporate Growth (ASG).
- ON HIS BUCKET LIST: Playing guitar on a short tour with a major rock/pop artist from the ‘70s/’80s (Any of you out there to make his dreams come true? If so, you know where to find him!)
- FAVORITE QUOTE: “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- HOBBIES & PASSIONS: Playing guitar with great musicians and investing in commercial real estate.
- FAMILY: Married to Julie for 33 years – two grown children with one grandson.