Senior Integration Engineer
Angott Search Group is pleased to partner with a leading US renewable energy organization in their search for a Senior Integration Engineer. The Global Battery Storage Engineering team will be responsible for driving innovative technical and digital solutions to design and deliver the most cost-effective energy storage projects and ensuring that these projects are designed in the highest quality along the entire life cycle – from the development phase to operation.
- This role will work closely with other engineers, project managers, the software department and external partners and be an integral driver in the design, implementation, and commissioning of complex energy storage projects in the USA and worldwide.
- This role will be an integral part of the System Integration team from project kick-off, throughout the detailed design process, during commissioning, and then as the project is handed over to the operations and maintenance (O&M) team.
- Ensure that the plant design of the battery storage system will work harmoniously.
- Support and contribute independently to battery storage system planning and detailed design (including transformer and inverter sizing, power SLD, cable dimensioning, communications and network, component selection, safety system).
- Documentation of system functional description of the battery storage system, including clarification with internal and external stakeholders and the software team.
- Lead planning, performing, and reviewing of the electrical and communication software tests on-site, via internal resource and external service providers.
- Collaborate with the project manager to plan and coordinate commissioning with internal and external stakeholders (site manager, grid operator, inverter and battery suppliers, project engineers).
- Supervision of and playing an active role in commissioning (remotely and onsite).
- Lead, perform and review the system performance, capacity and validation tests as required for the project to commence commercial operation.
- Support the generation and collection of as-built documentation of the system.
- Contribute to the handover of the system to the O&M team.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience applicable to electric power generation, generation management, and automatic generation control.
A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, automation engineering or in a related field.
- Strong experience in the field of network technology, SCADA systems and protocols, balance of plant (relay protection, HVAC, fire suppression, etc.).
- Experience in writing technical specifications and protocols.
- Experience working with PLC and logic control of utility systems.
- Experience in commissioning energy storage systems and/or inverter-based technology.
- Familiarity with E-PLAN.
- Familiarity with design software and simulation tools.
- An energetic, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for decarbonization and motivation to work in the renewable energy industry.
- Strong organizational skills, able to meet deadlines and extensive knowledge in the use of Office programs.
- Passionate about working with different technologies, solving interface problems and connecting stakeholders together to achieve common goals.
- Strong communication skills, fluent in oral and written English.
- Open to collaboration and working in a global team environment.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Give us a chance. Connect with us to see how we can build a partnership today.