Business Finance Officer
Angott Search Group is pleased to partner with a $330mm South Dakota credit union on their search for a Business Finance Officer.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and grow the business portfolio to include lending and deposit operations.
- Prepares an annual strategic business development plan.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements of individuals or businesses to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of member applications for commercial loans with our underwriting partners.
- Prepares detailed reports with credit and income information for use in decision-making.
- Plans and implements financial institution sales and marketing programs targeted toward the business community.
- Maintains regular communications with key select employee groups and core contacts.
- Gathers and prepares a quarterly recap of all core group activities to help measure the performance of the Business Services Department.
- Prepares and provides input for the annual Commercial and BD budgets, to include, but not limited to loan growth, core group growth, and expenses.
- Gathers and analyzes information for preparation and processing of annual reviews.
- Communicates regularly with the interrelated departments within the company to promote core group relationships.
- Presents material related to the credit union’s products and services.
- Pursues new growth opportunities.
- Interpret, explain, and stay current on Federal, State and local regulations on both business deposit operations and business lending.
- Manage and coordinate work activities and projects; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay up to date on new trends and innovations in the field of business services.
- Up-to-date knowledge of internal ancillary products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & experience requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of business management or lending experience.
- BA degree in business, accounting, auditing or related field preferred.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of records and information, diplomatic, tact, and professionalism in actions and appearance. Demonstrates a cooperative and positive attitude towards customers and staff while maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Possesses and maintains a record of strong organizational skills, is detail orientated, ability to work in fast-paced environment and under pressure as needed, is reliable, dependable, a self-starter, has strong attention to detail qualities.
- Able to manage multi-functional tasks, prioritize responsibilities while meeting department and staffing needs, interact with all levels of management and staff, work with minimal supervision and meet pre-determined deadlines.
- Possesses strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with members, co-workers, vendors, Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, and outside businesses in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work occasional weekend and night hours.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Give us a chance. Connect with us to see how we can build a partnership today.