Head of Powertrain & EV Drivetrain Systems
Angott Search Group is pleased to partner with a Southern California-based automotive manufacturer in their search for a Head of Powertrain & EV Drivetrain Systems.
The Head of Powertrain & EV Drivetrain Systems is responsible for leading the Design and Engineering of entire Powertrain and EV Drivetrain systems encompassing all phases of product development from architecture to production launch. This position is a rare opportunity to work for an Electrical Vehicle company with exciting technologies (BEV, EREV and Fuel Cell etc.), and great global opportunities with broad responsibility, innovative products, high-visibility and recognitions.
Qualifications for this role include:
- 15+ years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and direct experience with automotive powertrain engineering including internal combustion engines, electric drive and hybrid control, power electronics, battery pack systems, emissions and regulatory testing. Automotive OEM experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required – Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Track record of successful vehicle program development experience, including design, sourcing, verification, and launch of EV, ICE and hybrid propulsion systems.
- Hands on, creative mindset with experience in advanced automotive propulsion system development using advanced engineering and R&D methodologies.
- Ability to deal effectively with and lead within a fast-paced, dynamic and change-oriented environment.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Powertrain system quality process.
- Direct experience on powertrain value chain and cost management.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience building and leading engineering and business teams that may be in multiple locations (i.e. Ca. and MI). International experience within China preferred.
- Ability to partner and work collaboratively in a cross functional team environment.
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required with a preference for a graduate degree in the same of related engineering discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Give us a chance. Connect with us to see how we can build a partnership today.