Angott Search Group is pleased to partner with a Michigan community bank in their search for an Internal Auditor. The selected candidate will be responsible for completing auditing work under the direction of management. This person will utilize data analytics and other audit testing techniques to ensure that internal controls are in adequate and effective, in compliance with policies, procedures, regulatory and agency guidelines and laws.
The qualified candidate will have experience in financial services industry. In addition, data analysis capabilities as well as strong written and oral communication is required in order to effectively execute internal audit work. Areas of expertise will include, but not be limited to: Financial Accounting and Reporting, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Forecast and Budgeting, Asset Liability Management, Corporate Tax, Liquidity and Investments, Capital Planning and Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL). Familiarity with the various aspects of the Residential and Consumer Loan Origination Processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Accounting, Financial or Related Field)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in internal audit, operations, financial, risk, or similar type of function.
- Financial services or other highly regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with regulatory compliance guidelines preferred.
- Strong knowledge of bank/corporate operating policies and procedures and Federal and State regulations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (e.g. Excel, ACL, other data analysis tools)
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with regulatory compliance guidelines.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Give us a chance. Connect with us to see how we can build a partnership today.